Opening - Saturday, May 27th @ 9 A.M.
We Make Kayaking Easy!
- We have mostly single and a few tandem kayaks for rent
- We provide life jackets, paddles, and transportation for our renters (this includes a ride to the launch site or picking you up at the end of your trip).
- We also provide transportation service for those who own their own kayaks or canoes (advanced reservations are appreciated).
Recharge your mind, body, and soul on the Kalamazoo River!
- Reservations in advance are encouraged, book by on line
- Select the blue “Book Now” button on our website to schedule your kayaking trip
- Sign your liability wavier on line to save time when you arrive for your trip
- Arrive at least 15 minutes in advance as we leave at the top of the hour to stay on schedule
Interested in Fly Fishing?
Click here to visit their website for more information on fly fishing.
We offer river trips on the Kalamazoo River!
3 Hour Trip D Avenue to Plainwell
The river level and flow rate can make this trip longer or shorter, we expect your trip to take no longer than 4 hours; please let us know if you would like to rent the kayak for an extended trip! The trek is tree-lined and very private most of the way. You will see many birds, turtles, and maybe even fish as you glide along the waterway. There are some adventures at the end of this trip as you can either “portage your kayak” around the spillway or choose to ride over the spill way; conditions permitting! It’s a much-talked-about thrill by kayakers in this area! Our scheduled departures are from Fannie Pell Park in Plainwell to the launch site on “D” Avenue at; 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 PM, 1 PM & 2 PM Friday –Sunday. Meet in Plainwell at our Kayak Barn located at 211 N. Main Street. It is a brick building in the parking lot of Fannie Pell Park.
Single Kayak: $55 / Tandem Kayak: $110
1 Hour Trip Plainwell to Otsego
The river level and flow rate can make this trip longer or shorter. This is good for beginners and people with young children. The terrain after leaving the park in Plainwell is mostly grasslands and trees. You will see many birds and turtles. You will depart from Fannie Pell Park in Plainwell; the trip will end in Otsego at Jewel Street where we will pick you up and bring you back to Plainwell. Departure times depend on availability at the time you book your trip.
Single Kayak: $30 / Tandem Kayak: $60
May 27, 2023 through September 3, 2023
Our 2023 Hours:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 9 AM – 6 PM
Special trips are available on Wednesday & Thursdays – We welcome groups for outings and team building! We will also honor individual requests upon availablity.